GETTING TO ROCKLAND COUNTY
Only 30 miles from New York City and central to New Jersey, Connecticut, and Westchester County, Rockland County's transportation network connects to where you want to go!
Rockland is conveniently located along the New York State Thruway. It connects Westchester County and New York City to the south and east via the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, Albany and Canada to the north, and the rest of New York State to the west.
The Palisades Interstate Parkway (PIP) provides north/south access through Rockland County (exits 4-15) and provides easy access to New York City via the George Washington Bridge. Passing through and near the majestic cliffs of The Palisades along the Hudson River, the PIP is a scenic drive all year round.
The Garden State Parkway links Rockland with New Jersey and points south.
Rockland County is easily reached from New York City by following I-87 to I-287 via the Gov. Mario M. Cuomo Bridge. On the border of New York and New Jersey, Interstate 287 and the Garden State Parkway enter Rockland County from New Jersey. Visitors from Connecticut can reach Rockland County by following I-84 to I-87.
Hudson Link 844-822-8920
Hudson Link provides pedestrians and bicyclists with shuttle service from select locations in Westchester and Rockland counties weekdays and weekends. From May to October, shuttle buses are free on Saturdays and Sundays between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. and run every 20 minutes and connect riders to one of the longest shared use paths in the country. All Hudson Link buses are ADA accessible and equipped with bike racks that can accommodate three adult standard-sized bikes CLICK HERE for more information.
Coach USA 866-912-6224
Coach USA offers a daily line from George Washington Bridge Bus Station and Port Authority with over twenty stops, ending in Stony Point on Route 9W. Also serves Upstate NY areas, colleges, and Orange, Sullivan and Bergen Counties.
(845) 510-5100 or (718) 972-5578
Bus services from Monsey (Ramapo), in Rockland County, NY to Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Saddle River Tours/AmeriBus
Commuter bus service to/from the George Washington Bridge Bus Station traveling between Rockland County and several locations in Bergen County.
NJ Transit Bus
Connecting service within New Jersey
Connecting service within Westchester County.
Runs East of the Hudson River
Metro-North provides rail service from Westchester County to Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan. The Hudson Link bus provides service form Rockland to Tarrytown Rail Station to connect with the Hudson Line, and to White Plains Rail Station to connect with the Harlem Line.
Runs West of the Hudson River
NJ Transit provides rail service from Rockland County under contract with Metro-North. Ride the Main/Bergen/Port Jervis line from Suffern and Sloatsburg or the Pascack Valley Line to/from Spring Valley Nanuet, and Pearl River. Service to Hoboken Terminal with connecting service to NY Penn Station via Secaucus.
Commuter service between Hoboken and Manhattan
Service from New York Penn Station to various destinations around the country including Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC.
Operated by NY Waterway, the ferry travels between Haverstraw, NY in Rockland and Ossining, NY in Westchester to connect with the Metro-North. Hudson Line train to Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan.
John F. Kennedy International Airport
Queens, NY (718) 244-4444
- Take the AirTrain from Terminal 1 to Jamaica Station
- Take the Long Island Railroad towards New York Penn Station
- Take the North Jersey Coast Line to Secaucus Junction
- Transfer to Pascack Valley Line towards Pearl River, Nanuet, Spring Valley & Suffern
- Take New York Airport Service Bus from Terminal 4 to Port Authority Bus Terminal
- Transfer to the Coach USA buses stopping in Rockland County (11AT, 11T, 49/47 Hybrid, 9, 9A, 9T &9TA)
- From NYC take the New York State 87 Thruway North across the Gov. Mario M. Cuomo Bridge into Rockland County
Newark Liberty International Airport
Newark, NJ (973) 961-6000
- Take the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor or Jersey Coastline train from Newark Airport to Secaucus Junction
- Take NJ Transit Pascack Valley Line train towards Pearl River, Nanuet, Spring Valley & Suffern
- Take the Coach USA bus to Port Authority Bus Terminal at 42nd St
- Transfer to the Coach USA bus stopping in Rockland County (11AT, 11T, 47, 49, 9, 9A, 9T & 9TA) - www.coachusa.com/rockland-coaches/schedules
- From New Jersey take the Palisades Interstate Parkway or Henry Hudson Drive to Rockland County
New York Stewart International Airport
New Windsor, NY (845) 838-8200
- From Orange County take New York State Thruway 87 South to 9W on to Route 6 and continue on to the Palisades Interstate Parkway
- Take the Coach USA’s Stewart Airport Express bus to Port Authority Bus Terminal at 42nd St
- Transfer to the Coach USA buses stopping in Rockland County (11AT, 11T, 47, 49, 9, 9A, 9T & 9TA) - www.coachusa.com/rockland-coaches/schedules