TO ROCKLAND COUNTY, NEW YORK
In less than one hour, you can drive from New York City and arrive in a part of the Hudson Valley region that has great shopping, American historic sites, parks with amazing views of the Hudson River and the Ramapo Mountains, and delicious local cuisine.
The history of Rockland County began centuries ago, with the Native Americans who first settled here. Since then, it has welcomed settlers from around the world who infuse this region with multicultural influences in art, cuisine, language, and religion.
Take a walk through our small towns, like Haverstraw, Nyack, Pearl River, Piermont, Spring Valley, and stop to shop or dine. Or try these uniquely Rockland County experiences:
• Shop in the Palisades Center, one of the largest shopping malls in the United States
• Cheer on the Rockland Boulders baseball team during a game in the local stadium
• Explore a real ghost town, historic Doodletown
• Enjoy fresh seafood and steak in an exclusive riverfront restaurant
• Spend time in a scenic park to picnic, swim, go bird-watching, or even ice skate
• Visit a farmhouse built before the Revolutionary War
Events for week of June 24, 2019
This Week Navigation
Explore Rockland County
From the Hudson River to the Ramapo Mountains, Rockland County covers a lot of territory! Use this map to find the best routes from the river towns to the mountain ranges, or through our city streets toward the quiet country roads. Additional maps can be downloaded to help find your way: